The primary purpose of a topographic survey is to collect survey data about both the natural and manufactured features of the land, as well as its elevations. It is a detailed and accurate two-dimensional representation of the three-dimensional world.
Multiple features are involved in marking the physical attributes of the land in the topographic survey. Common elements such as peaks, valleys, and streams are identified with the help of contours and utility lines. Suppose you are involved in urban planning, resource management, surveying, establishing legal boundaries, land ownership, etc. An accurate topographic survey can help you determine all the required factors before beginning construction. We offer professional topographic surveys at Dearden and Stanton Limited in Orillia and surrounding areas.
A topographical survey is especially beneficial for large construction companies. Before you begin the project, you can have a complete idea of the land and its elements so that you can foresee and prevent risks beforehand.
Topographic surveys are crucial tools that map natural and human-made features, capturing elevation, contours, and existing elements. They find extensive use in:
- Land development: Essential for creating accurate terrain maps that guide large-scale projects, such as condominiums, by showing topography, structures, and natural features.
- Engineering and construction: Vital for designing safe, lasting infrastructure like roads, bridges, and utilities while identifying potential hazards and ensuring compatibility with terrain.
- Environmental assessments: Critical for evaluating ecological impact, spotting sensitive areas, and tracking landscape changes over time, aiding projects like the Trans Mountain Pipeline.
- Real estate: Useful in determining property boundaries, identifying encroachments, and assessing property value, benefiting realtors, homeowners, and purchasers.
- Natural resource management: Essential in logging and mining industries, helping plan resource extraction by providing insights into terrain contours, ecological value, and mineral deposits.In conclusion, topographic surveys are indispensable tools that comprehensively view a landscape's attributes. From facilitating large-scale land development and infrastructure projects to guiding environmental assessments, real estate transactions, and managing natural resources, topographic surveys play a multifaceted role in shaping British Columbia's development and sustainability.
Here are some additional reasons why they are beneficial:
It helps you create effective and suitable construction plans for your architectural projects.
They can help identify the faults in the terrain, which you could use to spots where construction will be complex.
Act as a guide for setting upgrades or drainage ditches
In conclusion, topographic surveys are indispensable tools that comprehensively view a landscape's attributes. From facilitating large-scale land development and infrastructure projects to guiding environmental assessments, real estate transactions, and managing natural resources, topographic surveys play a multifaceted role in shaping British Columbia's development and sustainability.
We are well-equipped with the latest technology to carry out the topographic survey. We use Global Positioning System (GPS) instrumentation, total station and other electronic data recording devices to conduct our survey.
Our services include boundary surveys, lot grading plans, stormwater management, surveyor’s real property reports, and more. You can count on us for all your land surveying requirements
Why Choose Us?
At Dearden and Stanton Limited, we can provide you with comprehensive land surveying for your property before you start construction on your property. Our professional surveyors can provide you with an accurate and precise survey of your land in a timely manner. Over the years, we have been able to establish ourselves as the trusted surveying partners of Orillia.